Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hello from Halifax!

Team Sask Canada Winter Games 2011
by Briana Bolduc, Team Saskatchewan Mission Staff

We are about halfway through the first week of the 2011 Canada Winter Games and boy is it an experience. My name is Briana Bolduc and I am Mission Staff for Team Sask. This is my first time ever experiencing the Games and I thought I would share my perspective as a newcomer.

This week has been a blur. We do not count the days by the date or what day of the week it is, but rather what day of the Games it is. When people outside of the Games are excited about the weekend, we do not even realize that it is no longer the work week. When they start the work week, it still feels like the weekend.

The people of Nova Scotia are amazing; we get honks, waves, and people stopping us on the street to tell us how great our jackets look. (Yes, they are pretty cool.) I have been welcomed to the city by a countless number of people. I would like to say on behalf of Team Sask that we feel very much at home in Halifax, thank you.

We have had a few hard fought losses so far, but also a few wins. As of right now we have two medals in Target Shooting; gold and silver. Our athletes are fighting hard and being amazing ambassadors of Saskatchewan.

So far I am having a great experience. Halifax is doing a great job in hosting!

Check out SIRC's Canada Games webpage for more information!

No comments: