- Males represented the most injuries with 82.3%
- Average age was 27.6 years
- Most injuries were a result of using free weights
- Common diagnosis was sprain/strain
- Result of injuries were due to free weights being dropped
- Females represented 18.2% of the injuries
- Represented the largest amount of foot injuries
- Those 12 years and younger represented the largest amount of hand injuries
55 years- plus
- Represented the largest amount of injuries involving machines
What has been the impact of this research?
Fitness and personal training publications have been running the statistics in order to raise awareness of creating safe strength training program for individuals. If you would like to read the complete study it is available in the SIRC Collection. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org .