- Join a community club
- Take the stairs
- Check out books and DVDs from the library
- Start a walking group with friends
- Listen to Podcasts
- Download free Apps to keep you motivated
- Watch for promotions from local fitness centres to try something new
- Look up your favourite activity online. Popular publications often offer free classes or strength training tips on your computer
- Volunteer to substitute for a local team
There are numerous articles in the SIRC Collection that can help you get fit and healthy for less. Check out past newsletters and online resource section for full text documents on a variety of topics including overtraining, healthy holidays, get fit, sports parents, and cycling.
Some references from the SIRC Collection on frugal fitness include:
- Froeber, J. (2010). 20 Ways to Get Healthier for Free!. Health (Time Inc.), 24(1), 85-89.
- Lander, D. (2008). BUILD A HOME GYM WITH A LOW BUDGET AND LIMITED PACE. American Fitness, 26(2), 9.
- Weber, C. (2010). CREATE YOUR ULTIMATE HOME GYM FOR LESS. Men's Fitness, 26(1), 113-117.
- Mejia, M. (2009). IF YOU BUILD IT…. Splash, 17(6), 24-25.
Additional Links to physical fitness include: